Sunday, September 13, 2009

PURES PURES PURES.

Firstly, I'd like to give a few updates on my character.

I'm aiming at cash. I need to make cash.
I need to get my ranged level up.
I need to get the audacity to train farming.
I need all stats 60 plus.

That's how I set goals. I NEED THEM.

Ok, on to the main topic.

So, we all know what pures are. If not I'll explain.
Pures are accounts, aimed on success at pking. (Player killing.)
I have a pure, it's a ranged/mage hybrid. Currently 35 range and 19 mage.
Pures usually have no defence. This allows all offensive stats to be higher, or the offensive stat of choice. There are also pures that utilize defense, and specialize in one offensive stat. These are often called tanks. Tank rangers, tank mages, tank maulers. There are quite a few.

That's a pure. I've nothing against pures, as I said I have one myself. The thing I DO have a problem with, is how a lot of them act. Now, this isn't to say all pures are despicable, vile, and rude. I've quite a few that I call friends that are quite the opposite. I see alot of pures use a thing called, "Leetspeak." Leetspeak, is the use of letters in the place of numbers, for example, "0mg 1m s0 pr0 dud3" I'm glad to say, the people who TALK like this are few and far in between. Most of the time, seeing it is for fun, and a stereyotype of pures. Now, this is quite common in names. I personally don't find it appealing, but it's of time.

You may say, "What about there attitude, as you said before?" Yes, well. Some pures think that because they are powerful, they are better. They act stuck up, and are generally rude. They use phrases such as, "I pwn u n00b" or, "tbh you fail nub" or, "Gf nerd" Now, it's not only pures that act like this. It's everywhere. Log into Runescape on a free to play world. Go to varrock sqaure, and try NOT to find one. I used to be like that. I used to talk with abbreviations, such as, "u r a noob, u need to do ths to get beter" Looking back on this, I repulse even myself. So please don't type like an idiot, if you do, go cut a eucalyptus.

Lastly for today. I'd like to say why I play Runescape and blog about it. I've played RuneScape for a good 5 years. I've played, and met a lot of nice people. A few people that I feel have changed me, for the better. Some may say, "this is the internet you are a nerd." I have something to say about that. Everyone influences you, be it real life, over the phone, or even indirectly. Say, I'm on RuneScape, and a new person comes to me and asks for 5k. I would do so, and I'd feel like I had helped him. That makes me feel good about myself, and leads me to doing things like that more often. That's effecting me. That changes who I am a little bit. If you are exposed to something for long periods of time, it WILL change you some how. One way or the other. If it doesn't change your thoughts, it makes your will power stronger. That's a change. For the better.

Now, if anyone reads this, I'd like for you to put a comment, explaining why you play RuneScape, and how it has effected you.

Now, Why do I blog? I have started blogging, after a friends sparked me. I decided, "Why not? I could help many others with some information, and it could help me become better, and stick to my goals." So now, i'm starting. I hope for it to be daily. Sometimes it may not be about RuneScape, but things I face in real life. Whatever the situation. I hope it helps SOMEONE. SOMEWHERE. If I help one person, it will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment